Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Blog Writing

I thought I'd make the first review about blog writing. This is my second blog, my first blog is at http://www.thedevilwearsscrubs.blogspot.com/, which is about what it's like as a pre-medical student, moving up through medical school (hopefully), and becoming a doctor. The reason why I started that blog was that I wanted it to be a real, in depth view for future students who want to pursue the same field. This leads to my first point about blog writing: it can encourage and inspire others, and if nothing else, entertain people. I think blogs in themselves can encourage others to do things they never thought about doing, like starting their own blog, or in extreme cases, follow a whole life passion based off something they saw on a blog. Aside from what a blog can do for others, it can also benefit the blogger. After a long day, especially particularly difficult days, I like coming home and typing everything on my blog, relieving the stress on my shoulders. In a philosophical sense, writing is a healthy outlet. There are only a few drawbacks to owning a blog. Sometimes it can be difficult to keep up with them and post often. This is a bigger problem for more popular blogs. To combat this for this blog, I am joined by multiple people to help keep this blog active. The other main issue is the comments you may receive. Sometimes they can be very positive, but other times they can be negative and in some cases, personal attacks on you. Keep in mind that there is no way to please everyone. Someone will always disagree with you and may even stoop as low as attacking you, but just let it go, because people will have their opinions about your writing, but what matters is that you are writing about what you are interested in. To combat negative comments, moderate your blog. So overall, there are a few negatives, but the positives of owning a blog far out way them. If you are interested in beginning a blog, I would first suggest a blog here at http://www.blogger.com/. All you need is an email address and you're set! If you aren't a fan of the set up of blogger, there are numerous other blog hosting sites such as http://www.wordpress.com/ and http://www.livejournal.com/. Keep researching these different sites to find your best fit. Happy blogging!

Britt

No comments:

Post a Comment